Wine tourism and wine marketing are two critical aspects of wine industry profitability. As just one example, a survey conducted by Silicon Valley Bank found 45% of wine revenue in Napa County comes from direct sales, much of that from tasting rooms. Without effective marketing to get visitors in your door (wine tourism), purchasing from your website, and joining your wine club you will not be maximizing your returns.
More visitors to wineries also leads to increased profitability for related hotels, restaurants, tour operators, and other local businesses.
The Wine Marketing & Tourism Conference serves two needs: 1) It provides hard information about the critical subjects of wine marketing and wine tourism that you can bring home to both grow and improve your local offerings and 2) It provides a forum for meeting your fellow leaders working on the marketing and tourism sides of the wine industry. The conference will appeal to:
- Wineries that would like to increase the number of visitors to their winery, improve cellar door sales, and be more effective in marketing
- Winery Associations and Destination Marketing Organizations who are tasked to increase the number of butts in seats, bodies in beds, and inquiring minds at area attractions
- Tour operators, travel agencies, transportation companies, and event planners who provide wine tourism offerings to the public
- Hotels and restaurants that are located in wine areas around the world
- Public relations professionals and other consultants to the wine and tourism industries
- Academics and students from university wine business programs
- Media and bloggers who write about wine and tourism
What can you expect to get out of the conference?
- An overview of the current state of wine tourism from our keynote speakers and industry panels
- Specific, useful information you can use in subjects such as social media, digital marketing, staffing, technology, tasting room management, and more from our breakout sessions and pre-conference workshops
- Networking opportunities during sessions and at lunches, receptions, and optional dinners
- An opportunity to pour your wine at our Wednesday evening reception if you are one of the first 40 non-profit or governmental winery associations or DMOs registered to attend
- One lunch and two wine receptions included in the conference price
The 2017 Wine Tourism Conference will take place in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek. We have a special group rate of $185, which is excellent for this hotel in November, and you can reserve your room on the online reservation system.
Wine Bloggers Conference
The 10th annual Wine Bloggers Conference will take place at the same venue on November 9 – 12, immediately following the WMTC. The Wine Bloggers Conference is not just for bloggers. The content is appropriate for everyone and the connections you make with bloggers can be invaluable. Here are two ways you can participate in the Wine Bloggers Conference:
- Attend both the WMTC and WBC. Once you register for the WMTC, you will receive a discount code good for $100 off the non-blogger rate at the Wine Bloggers Conference.
- Sponsor the Wine Bloggers Conference. Sponsorships start at $500 for Live Wine Blogging (the premier event at the conference) or $2,000 to sponsor the Thursday opening Reception & Expo. So even if you can’t attend the entire WBC, you can stay through Thursday to pour your wines and present your information to all WBC attendees. For sponsorship information contact Reno Walsh at reno@ZephyrConferences.com.
Arrival and Departure
You have multiple options if you are flying in from outside the area and we suggest you check flights to the Sonoma County, San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, and Sacramento airports. If you arrive at Sonoma County Airport, you can easily take a taxi or Uber to the hotel. If you fly into one of the other more major airports, you will need to rent a car (you won’t need it during the conference but it can be convenient for arrival and departure) or take a shuttle. Area shuttles include Airport Express, GO Airport Shuttle, and Super Shuttle.
For a sample of past agendas, speakers, and sponsors please see our page on Past Conferences.
The Wine Marketing & Tourism Conference is organized by Zephyr Conferences, the organizer of the:
- Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference
- Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference
- BeerNow Conference
- International Food Blogger Conference
- Wine Bloggers Conference
For information about our conferences, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For media inquiries, please email email@example.com. If you are in a region interested to host one of our conferences, please complete a Host Application.
Zephyr Conferences is part of Zephyr Adventures, which has been running active tours around the world for the last 18 years. Please visit our website for information on our active food, wine, and beer tours.
In addition to Zephyr’s active tours, its sister company Taste Vacationsruns wine, beer, food, and spirits tours that leave the physical activity at home. We invite you to join the Taste Vacations Affiliate Program to earn commissions of $300 and more per referral.