Wine tourism is critical to wine industry profitability. As just one example, a survey conducted by Silicon Valley Bank found 45% of wine revenue in Napa County comes from direct sales, much of that from tasting rooms. Simply put, more visitors to wine regions, wineries, hotels, and restaurants leads to increased profitability.
The Wine Tourism Conference serves two needs: 1) It provides hard information about the important and growing industry of wine tourism that you can bring home to both grow and improve your local business or organization and 2) It provides a forum for meeting your fellow leaders in the wine tourism industry. The conference will appeal to:
- Wineries that would like to increase the number of visitors to their winery and improve cellar door sales
- Wine and tourism associations and CVBs who are tasked to increase the number of butts in seats, bodies in beds, and inquiring minds at area attractions
- Tour operators, travel agencies, transportation companies, and event planners who provide wine tourism offerings to the public
- Hotels and restaurants that are located in wine areas around the world
- Public relations professionals and other consultants to the wine and tourism industries
- Academics and students from university wine business programs
- Media and bloggers who write about wine and tourism
What can you expect to get out of the conference?
- An overview of the current state of wine tourism from our keynote speakers and industry panels
- Specific, useful information you can use in subjects such as social media, digital marketing, staffing, technology, and more from our breakout sessions and pre-conference workshops
- Networking opportunities during sessions and at lunches, dinners, and receptions
- An opportunity to pour your wine at our Wednesday evening reception if you are one of the first 40 non-profit or governmental winery associations or CVBs registered to attend
- Two lunches and one dinner included in the conference price
The 2015 Wine Tourism Conference will take place in Leesburg, Loudoun County, Virginia. Virginia has excelled in recent years at promoting itself both as a wine producer and also as a tourism destination. The combination of the two makes Virginia a perfect destination for the first-ever East Coast host of the Wine Tourism Conference. In addition, Loudoun County’s wine tourism scene is booming thanks to the fast growth in number of wineries and proximity to Washington DC.
Host Hotel and Room Block Information
44050 Woodridge Pkwy
Our host hotel is the Lansdowne Resort – the preeminent resort, spa, and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. See our recent article on the resort for detailed information. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, the resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Plus, it is only 12 miles from Dulles International Airport and yet very near wine country. We have a block of rooms reserved for $169, including the resort fee, which is an excellent rate. You can reserve your room via our Group Reservation Link.
Arrival and Departure
The conference begins on Wednesday, November 18th and finishes at at 5:00 PM on Friday, November 20th. Please see the Agenda page for details. The host hotel Lansdowne Resort is only 12 miles from Dulles International Airport and is providing shuttles at a 50% discount to conference participants. You can request a shuttle when you book your hotel room or by using this shuttle request form. You will not need a car during the conference.