I recently spent two nights in the Lansdowne Resort, host hotel for the upcoming 2015 Wine Tourism Conference. No offense to our previous conference sites, but the Lansdowne Resort is by far the nicest property we have used for a conference.
Located along the Potomac River near Leesburg, Virginia, the Lansdowne is a AAA Four Diamond venue with all the luxuries you might want. Consider:
- 550 acres of beauty
- Only eight miles from Dulles International Airport with a 50% conference discount on the airport shuttle
- Gateway to Northern Virginia’s wine country
- Spa, 45 holes of golf, five pools (closed in winter), tennis, and even a FootGolf course
- Full fitness center including exercise classes
- Fantastic conference facilities replete with excellent AV, plenty of space, and even luxurious “executive” chairs
We have secured a fantastic conference rate of $169, which includes the resort fee. Compare this to the $279 rate including resort fee available to the public as listed on the website for our conference dates.
The best, however, is the Lansdowne Resort is a major participant in wine tourism. Their home page bills them as the Gateway to Virginia Wine Country, they offer local wines (and beers) on their menu, and in answer to my question the staff told me visitors to the areas wineries were an important and growing part of their business.
Our room block is limited, so please book early via our Group Reservation Link and consider extending your stay before or after the conference!