We are very pleased to have expert Stacie Jacob lead our scheduled three-hour Winery Association and Tourism Promotion Agency Workshop and Summit.
- Served as the first-ever Public Relations Director for the Washington Wine Commission
- Spent seven years as the Executive Director of the Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance, one of the nation’s leading wine regions
- Worked as Chief Executive Officer of Visit San Luis Obispo County, the county that includes Paso Robles but also has tourism assets including the Pacific Coast and Hearst Castle
- Currently runs her own consulting firm, Solterra Strategies, which offers public relations, brand strategy, and marketing services
Stacie is probably one of the few wine industry leaders who has served as a chief executive of both a DMO and a winery association and thus is eminently qualified to run this workshop. The workshop will include real-life best-practice examples in the following areas:
- Big-picture strategies for associations and DMOs in wine regions to help you decide where you should be headed as an organization
- Possibilities for establishing significant and sustainable funding including major events and new tax or public-private funding arrangements
- Ideas for collaborating with key partners including local businesses, other agencies, and even organizations outside the area.
- Discussion of the nuts and bolts of managing an organization including staffing, premises, working with members, promoting outside the area, and much more.
This workshop is actually a “workshop and summit”. Stacie will be in communication in advance with those people registered to gather ideas, case studies, and best practices. We will also spend the final hour in discussion where all participants will be able to ask questions of and share ideas with their peers.
If you are a leader of a winery association or tourism promotion agency in wine country, this workshop is for you! You need not be registered for the conference to attend.