The 2021 Wine Marketing & Tourism Conference is still scheduled to take place from August 3 – 4 in Eugene, Oregon.
We are still in the midst of the pandemic and, in fact, things could get even worse if the new virus variants take hold in the US. We urge everyone to stay home and stay safe during this dark time. And if we still happen to be in too risky a situation in August or if the Oregon governor has not opened up the state sufficiently to allow us to proceed, we naturally will not.
However, we are confident by August things will be different and we will be able to hold the conference in person.
- We have an array of safety procedures in place for COVID-19.
- We are eliminating our sponsor expo and indoor wine tastings.
- It is possible everyone in the United States will have access to a vaccine before the conference, which should dramatically decrease the spread of the disease.
- Airline travel has proven to be quite safe already thanks to airline practices and will get safer with continued testing and the onset of vaccinations.
- Testing has improved dramatically, including at-home testing, which we can potentially employ at our conference.
- We will require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test from all attendees, speakers, and sponsors.
- We are limiting the capacity of the conference to 100 attendees.
Please mark this on your calendars and we will be in touch with more information as we approach the date.